Most folks know Orlando because the amusement park mecca, offering plenty of memories at Disney World and Universal. But Florida’s mega tourist destination offers a spread of fun things to try to to with kids of all ages aside from the apparent options. Whether you reside in Florida or are just visiting, Orlando may be a great destination for families on both short and extended stays.
We’ve rounded up an inventory of 75 things to try to to with kids in Orlando outside of the theme parks. From hiking to museums to themed dinners, these fun spots offer a spread of family entertainment and must-do activities for teenagers in Orlando, with or without a visit to the Mouse. prepare to forego the amusement park ticket and knowledge the important Orlando.
Things To Do in Orlando with Kids Other than Theme Parks
- Take a ride on The Wheel at ICON Park for a fabulous view.
- Explore the oceans of the world at SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium.
- Swing like Tarzan at Orlando’s Tree Trek Adventure Park.
- Take a safe climb on the rock wall at the Oviedo Recreation Gym.
- Zip line over gators at Gatorland.
- Take some silly family photos with celebrities at Madame Tussauds.
- Take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of one of Central Florida’s beautiful natural springs.
- Learn how to wakeboard or paddleboard at the Orlando Watersports Complex.
- Journey through a land of wacky and weird fun at the new Museum of Illusions.
- Create your own crayon label and make masterpieces of color at Crayola Experience.
- Discover where chocolate comes from and taste chocolates from around the world at The World of Chocolate museum.
- Get catapulted vertically at 100 mph on the Slingshot.
- Go kayaking or canoeing on Shingle Creek.
- Play a round of putt-putt golf at a local miniature golf course.
- Anyone over the age of 3 can find out what it feels like to fly at iFLY.
- Cheer on your favorite knight while enjoying a medieval dinner at Medieval Times – a fun night out for the entire family.
- Become a pastry chef at Farris and Foster’s.
- Drive bumper boats, race on a multilevel go-cart course, and ride a wooden coaster at Fun Spot.
- Explore the expansive KidsTown area at the Orlando Science Center.
- Expand your building imagination during the monthly mini-build events at the LEGO Store at Disney Springs.
- Walk through hundreds of odd exhibits at the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium.
- Bike on the 22-mile West Orange Trail for scenic exploration.
- Go park hopping outside of the theme parks by visiting some of Orlando’s best playgrounds.
- Paddle the waters of Lake Eola on a swan boat.
- The Orlando Repertory Theatre gives children a great introduction to theatrical performances.
- Hop on the I-Ride Trolley to explore International Drive.
- Spot Florida wildlife from the comfort of your own car on a wildlife drive.
- Cruise through majestic canals on a Winter Park scenic boat tour.
- Feel the thrill of racing on three different tracks at Lil 500 Go Karts.
- Feed giraffes at the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens.
Read more: Things to Do in Las Vegas with Kids